31 August 2012

A Criminal Offense in Most States

I was digging through a bin of 25¢ tees and came across quite a few shirts for school-related organizations. Most were extra-curricular -- sports teams, cheer squads, nerd teams (I can say this because I was a member of Odyssey of the Mind in elementary school, Battle of the Books in middle school, and Academic Superbowl throughout high school). But there were a few shirts that simply celebrated a group of students enrolled in the same class. Enter the Lollipops.



It seems to me that lollipops exist for one purpose:


Licking. 

Sure, crafters will try to disguise these treats as ghosts during October, but a tissue and set of googly-eyes cannot change what lies beneath:


Hard candy on a stick 
(best accessed by tongue).

I won't go into a discussion of things mounted on a stick, as Jeff Dunham has made lots of money off of this joke. (Though I invite you to continue his theme in the comments section.) 

I will simply count the number of lollipops on this shirt -- 22 -- and consider how many licks it takes to get the center of...



A few things to note (discuss at your leisure): 


  • The image depicts the teacher as a Blow-pop (or is it a Tootsie Roll Pop?) and the students as mere Dum-Dums. While I can agree that the Tootsie and Charms variants are a definite step up from Spangler's (yes, I did some Google-work), I am not completely clear on what the gum/Tootsie Roll in the center of Mrs. Litke-Smith represents. Are we to expect Dum-Dums to one day become bigger, better lollipops?
  • Urban Dictionary has something to add. The third definition offers a sentence to demonstrate proper usage of the term:
Li'l Wayne: I'll let you lick a lollipop.
Small Child: Really?!?

This shirt needs to be burned.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the bubble gum represents the knowledge which Mrs. L-S has to bestow upon her students and they are Dum Dums until they posses the sweet sweet gummy intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sweet sweet gummy intelligence" -- I love it!

      I know ignorance is bliss, but a lot of times I feel like knowledge is the gum that keeps the gears from turning. God knows that I complicate things too often by overthinking them.

      Delete

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving