23 August 2012

Gotta catch 'em all (or maybe just the snitch)

Short post tonight, as I worked a 14-hour day (in exchange for a third day off). Found this tee in Kokomo during a recent trip to visit friends and family.


I'm not quite sure why the people hosting the Quidditch benefit couldn't spring for a double-sided shirt so the sponsorship crap could be on the back rather than juxtaposed with the cool logo. Can't have everything, I suppose (unless you're writing Harry Potter fanfiction, in which case Harry can have Ginny and Cho and Hermione and Ron). 

Fun fact: According to the ever-credible HP-Wiki, Mr. Potter was born on July 31, 1980 (32?!?). Wonder how many little wizards he and Ginny have running around these days. Surely fanfiction.net can help you hypothesize (though wade in those waters carefully, lest you encounter some inexplicable swinging between thirty-somethings whose magical implements are more-often-than-not euphemisms for their naughty bits).

After sleeping in and having a greasy breakfast, I plan to stop by a thrift store or two. Hope to come back with more than I did at the Woodstock Goodwill (the most noteworthy thing I found was a Kanye West shirt, if that tells you anything). 

My extensive research (read: two minutes on Google) led me to Purdue University, the sponsor of this event. I see no indication that the benefit became an annual activity, but there is still a *.pdf if you want to register. Be sure to do so by April 16th so you secure yourself an awesome t-shirt (I wonder what that will look like)! 

I also found the IQA ... International Quidditch Association, "a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to governing the sport of quidditch and inspiring young people to lead physically active and socially engaged lives." Really?? Turns out there are tons of teams in existence and they have games and playoffs and tournaments...

Awesome! (For somebody. Meanwhile, my apathy remains.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving