17 March 2013

Day Two


So I'm told (by some fictional soothsayer or such) that in order to create a "streak" of posts, one must get past #2. So here we are...at Day #2. I have company over and work super early in the morning so as the clock ticks and tocks, it grows less and less likely that I'll post.

Today, in order to preserve/create the streak, I am posting the bullshit above.

What struck me about this rodent lawn ornament is the fact that I am to believe that someone took the time to execute a very specific list of tasks:
  1. Catch rodent (which may very well have rabies)
  2. Take rodent's measurements (bust-waist-hips)
  3. Knowingly create a pattern for jean overalls that overshoots these carefully gathered numbers
  4. Sew overalls
  5. RE-catch same rodent (wouldn't it have been easier if you'd just kept the damn thing in a cage while you worked on #3 & #4?)
  6. Sedate rodent (which by now is probably rather pissed, having been interrupted from its meal multiple times)
  7. Place rodent in large overalls
  8. Hang overalls (and rodent) from nail in tree or wherever might look grand in your garden space
I am a bit crazy, this is true. But who thought this would be a good idea for outdoor decor? Why wouldn't you just let the damn chipmunk (or whatever the fuck this is...maybe it's a capybara for all I know and the overalls are from the Oshkosh B'gosh product line) run free in your damn yard (unless it insists on gnoshing on your radish fields, I suppose)??

(Shaun hit the nail on the head when he said that I am the Queen of Tangents. Glad to serve. Now get on your knees and grovel, bitches!)

So that's all I have because it's now getting toward the end of the Led Zeppelin album and it's very likely that Rock Band will be happening soon.

Off to save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving