16 March 2013

Not what I planned, but I owe you something

The post title gives you as much as you need for an introduction. Now it's time to dig into some of the photos I've been hoarding all this time. Don't blame me if it's not funny; I didn't post them before for good reason (maybe). Today...you get six photos, for the six paragraphs in the previous words-only post. Let's see what I can come up with after exerting my writing talents so much, so recently.


Not quite sure why I'm taking up space with the above photo. I found this shirt on the rack at DEAL$ (a store I just made up because I can't remember where I found this shirt and for some reason I've decided to make a big deal out of it rather than just moving on with the sentence that I began two lines ago) and my mind flashed back to my high school band nerd days. Ah, the good ol' days...when I had my first taste of unpopularity. Nah, despite the plumes and itchy uniforms I had a strange affinity for marching around on a field and tooting into a horn (at least one of these activities I still participate in). For some reason, I enjoyed spending 12 straight hours full of repeat signs with a bunch of sweaty band nerds. I even convinced my parents to buy me a "Clarinets Rock" shirt or something...which I donned for the same event at which it was purchased, never to wear it again. I suppose it ended up on a rack at a DEAL$ (same parenthetical note applies) in Indiana and became someone's work shirt for sweaty days behind a lawnmower or paintbrush or something. These days, my clarinet sits in its case begging to be played (which, looking back several sentences, suggests that I habitually march around a football field to entertain myself) and the BAND in my life is actually one (or two or three) in which my husband plays the drumset. I have taken my act offstage, playing roadie when I join the gang at their gigs. Maybe one day I'll do something else with music (aside from singing to karaoke) but for now, I'm content to just move on to the next photo.


You bet it's a camper's paradise. Dam!


So there's a nuance here...a "Memorial" is not a "Commemorative" thing, per se... but I just don't know what else you would do for fun at Donner State Park.


A very clever tennis t-shirt idea, but also a bit depressing. I definitely should have bought this one. (Maybe next time I visit Deal$...)


Yes, I'm pretty cool. And yes, I work Home Depot. But no, I did not have any intention of telling the world about it on my off-days.


I'm a pretty big fan of The Sing-Off, NBC's acapella competition that I thought had been cancelled until I did a quick Google search a minute ago to verify that I hyphenated correctly. I will have to leave you now to get a full understanding of the situation because, otherwise, I might just have to continue writing with exclamatory punctuation rather than letters. Have fun with yourselves (or others if they're handy). Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving