20 March 2013

Sightseeing

I wasn't sure I'd get something published before the clock struck midnight, but it turns out I've got 10 minutes to blow on my lunch break. (Very apropos, this turn of phrase.)

When I stop into these thrift stores (does it count as "stopping in" when you spend upwards of two hours there?), I like to check out the discarded dishes and mugs. A few years back, I found a three-handled "safety" mug for my dad -- which was relevant because he's a safety director and because Mom's diminutive for him is "Mr. Safety" (or, if she's feeling saucy, he's promoted to Captain).

I thought that would be the apogee of my mug adventures. But it seems I was wrong. I imagine you can follow the thought process without much input from the Mrs:

Um, what is that? 

No, really...what is that? 

Oh, of course. (They don't call it the Taint of the Middle East* for nothing.)

*Pretty sure no one calls it this, with the possible exception of my friend Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving