06 April 2013

Yahtzee!

I believe I've finally reached the end of my word game binge. Okay, that's a lie -- this whole blog is a word game, if you look at it from the right angle. I guess an accurate statement would be that I've stopped clogging up my husband's smartphone with Wordfeud games and that I haven't played Words with Friends on Facebook for over a week.

Just in case you're unaware, let me spit some gaming history at you (camel-style). I'm seriously oversimplifying and not too obsessed with factual accuracy (consider the source material) so don't file this information away for Jeopardy or anything.

Alfred Butts was desperate for cash to fuel his drug and sex addictions. (It is unclear whether young Butts' sexual preferences included ass-play.) Sources are divided on whether the heroin or the punani sparked the idea, but in 1938 the game of Scrabble was born. Well, its whore mother anyway -- there were a few other hands in the tile bag before it hit it big.

Most frequently played word: B-U-T-T. Lecher or narcissist?
Turns out I'm a bit of a purist. It's Scrabble no matter what name you put on it -- and yes I realize that IN A COURT OF A LAW evidence could be presented to prove otherwise (different positioning of bonus squares, different scoring for tiles, blah blah blah) but just give me this one because otherwise I'll never get to the blog post.

This is me, assuming you're accepting my claim.

(Meanwhile, that is you, unable to do a damn thing about my party at which I'm crying because I want to.)

We begin the Scrabble tour with some salty snacks:

Note the proximity of the word "Baked" to F-U-N.
Then we move on to a light meal.

Soup? Or, if you're my parents, ICE CREAM.

And we'll round out the meal with some dessert. Combine cacao with some wordplay!


Unless you'd rather some ass-play. (Cacao optional.)
Okay, so maybe not the best meal. But I had to structure this post somehow, and I couldn't find an entree that fit into the theme. If you come across something that belongs with these three offerings, hit me up.

Now for some heroin to heal my soul food to appease my growling stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving