09 June 2013

I need more Office Space

I inherited both an aquiline nose and a love of office supplies from my mother. I am currently (and I do mean currently, as I'm attempting to blog and craft simultaneously) digging through a pile of scrapbook paper and I have 3.5 cups of writing devices in the office. (By cups, I am not referring to the cooking measurement but rather to the miniature vases of various volumes sitting on top of the entertainment center.)

I wouldn't call secondhand shops the best place to get office supplies, but they're not always the worst. Last fall, I paid a mere $1 for over 50 outdated greeting cards. According to the card backs, their MSRP was about 80 times what I paid; unfortunately, I have yet to mail out a single one because I keep forgetting to buy stamps.

I even found this fantastic pencil-holder (which I only passed on because I have too many of them already):

[    ]

I have just learned that the photograph of the dark-skinned-farmhand-mooning-a-cactus pencil-holder never made it into a Mrs. Window Shopper photo album. I have recreated the item below.

MS Paint evokes the most laughter by default.

But (as noted above in a roundabout way) the finds aren't always wonderful. Sometimes you find something that's come to the thrift shop to die:


Probably not the easiest sell since Vistaprint came along, shoving free business cards down our throats.

Another less-than-good find was the cards below.



Looks like someone accidentally plopped down some paint and decided to salvage the canvas by scrawling words over top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving