23 June 2013

Swollen Karma

Happy Sunday, which strangely enough is more noteworthy for its moon than its sun.

Today, I challenge you to determine which of these pictures is not like the other. That is, if the challenge of reading through this post to its end doesn't prove too difficult. Here goes nothing.




The Mighty Baseball declares that "Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success." (Though if I'm gonna be a stickler, I can't really say it "declares" anything, as it doesn't have the requisite punctuation to declare anything.) I can't recall why I thought this baseball was worthy of my attention (hell, its previous owner didn't deem it worthy of removing from its plastic packaging), but I suppose it might be productive to consider situations where such a gift might be appropriate.
  • Little League coaches
    (Throwing this at problem players -- with deadly intent! -- helps raise a team's average RBI)
  • Bosses
    (What else are they going to put on their desk?)
  • Mob bosses
    (When their taped-up baseball bats aren't being used to break legs and bash heads in)
I'm open to other ideas (comment away) but have a strong urge to sing some karaoke/Rock Band, so I'm moving on.



The page above is from a fantasy book with a writing style that just didn't jive with me. The prose is over-the-top and strangles what could have been a really good plot. Imagery, like anything else, is best in small doses. It's one of the few books I've stepped away from midway without any intent of returning. (The Gunslinger almost suffered the same fate. Friends insisted I struggle through it because "it'll be worth it" but I'm still undecided on whether The Drawing of the Three deserves my attention. Time will tell.)

For the longest time I refused to put down a book once I'd picked it up. Then I put my hands on Twilight...and forced myself to read it to the end. Let's just say that I made a huge mistake. (If I had just surfed over to Wikipedia, I could have saved myself so much pain.)

Tangents aside, let's look at some more pictures. (Neato!)



Um...pretty sure gender's not as clear-cut as your reference material suggests. I mean, even your orange t-shirt knows that it's not a black-and-white issue. And why would you put this on the front of a shirt anyway?



Oh sure, thanks for clarifying things. It's a sports team (?) that is "taking over the world..." Though, I must say that I appreciate the logic behind their order of conquest.

Speaking of conquest...



Whoever decoupaged this masterpiece (which the thrift shop priced at $7, I'll have you know) definitely conquered their fears of spray adhesive.

Okay, so it's a weak transition. But it's not like I'm a superhero (or even a super moon, for that matter).

In closing, I think Hollywood did Kerri Strug a disservice by refusing to cast her in the remake of John Wayne's famous western.

You decide whose body to Photoshop her head onto.
Of course, they didn't even give Hailee Steinfeld a credit on the movie poster...so what do you expect?



Kameron:



Some rejected anagrams:
SWELL, NO KARMA
ANAL ELK WORMS
MAKER OWNS ALL
LAWMEN LARK SO
REALM WALKS ON

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous24.6.13

    Isn't the little girl the whole movie?

    I want that gender t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the girl is definitely a large (well, large in the sense of significance, anyway) character and YUP, I slapped myself a bit for not buying the Gender tee all those months ago. But then the slapping led to more slapping and by the time when it was all done, there was a big mess to clean up and I had lost all recollection of its stimulus. But now I remember...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In other news, I should probably not replace sleep with coffee. And most definitely not blog while under the influence of caffeine...but after throwing 1600 words into the Nanowrimo bucket, I lack any other viable options. (*Not* put off novel writing until the last four hours of the day? What kind of crazy idea is that?!)

    ReplyDelete

There once was a woman who lived in a shoe.

Featured Post

T-Shirt Rack Diving